Library CLOSED Until Further Notice. In response to concerns around COVID-19 and in an effort to ensure the health and safety of staff and patrons town buildings are closed to the public. The town website has more information about town departments. For updates on Spencer cases check out the Spencer Town Website. (4/14/20)
This year there are 2 census (the Town Census, and the Federal Census). Federal Census get towns more money and services. Your information is confidential and not shared with anyone.
No fines for overdue materials
Due dates for items have been changed to the end of May.
Tax Day has been moved from April 15th to July 15th.
You may be eligible for assistance from Volunteer Income Tax Assistance VITA or Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE)
To find a paid professional tax preparer.
See who is going to be on your ballot, what they stand for, compare candidates, and more.
General information, election dates and deadlines, ID requirements, eligibility requirements and more.
Many websites to help you with all things related to voting/elections.
Available inside and outside near the library building.
WiFi Network = SpencerLib-patron
Password = SpencerLibrary
Help with Heating, Food, & Bills
- Charitable Needs/Prouty Fund (for Spencer residents)
- Mary Queen of the Rosary Food Pantry (for Spencer residents)
- SNAP/Food Stamps
- WIC (Food for Woman Infant Children)
- Hearts for Heat, Spencer. Whether you heat with oil, electric, gas, wood or pellets, if you are a town resident and can not afford heat, please apply for assistance. For an application form, please pick one up at the Spencer Town Hall, Library, or here.
- The Richard Sugden Library, Spencer, collects non-perishable items for the Mary Queen of the Rosary Church Food Pantry.
- Library Home Delivery Service (Free library Home Delivery Service to the home-bound in our area. Homebound patrons are able to request books and have them delivered to their homes once a week. For questions call the Library at (508) 885-7513.)
- Coupons (The Library has a box containing free coupons located at the Main Desk.)
- Eyeglass Donation Center (The library accepts donations of eyeglasses for the Spencer Lions Club.)
The IRS encourages everyone to use the Tax Withholding Estimator to perform a quick “paycheck checkup.” This is even more important following the recent changes to the tax law for 2018 and beyond.
The Tax Withholding Estimator helps you identify your tax withholding to make sure you have the right amount of tax withheld from your paycheck.
Visit the RMV’s Online Service Center for over 30 transactions that can be completed online and skip the trip to the RMV. If you need to visit the RMV, Get Ready Online first.
Free Legal Answers
Mass Legal Help is for low-income Massachusetts residents can create an account on the secure website, then log in and post their legal questions. Volunteer lawyers answer the questions through the same website. There is no charge to use this service. People can access the site from anywhere that they have internet access, including smart phones. All information is confidential.
Find information on population, business and industry, education, etc. in towns and states in the United States.