RICHARD SUGDEN LIBRARY
TOWN OF SPENCER
Children’s Library Associate:
Works under the supervision of the Children’s Librarian/Assistant Director and assists in the operation of the Children’s Department. Position is responsible for helping the Children’s Librarian/Assistant Director in daily operations including circulation duties, reader’s advisory, cataloging materials, collection management, planning and implementing programs for children, families and teens, as well as conducting outreach programming in the community.
- Assists patrons with needs including reader’s advisory and technology questions
- Processes materials including cataloging, shelving, weeding and creating displays
- Assists in all aspects of circulation duties including checking materials in and out, renewing, interlibrary loan requests in person or on the telephone
- Plans, promotes and implements programs including outreach
- Performs related work as required
Associates degree or 2 years college with education related to child development preferred and work experience in a library, school or other children’s setting. Ability to perform detailed work accurately and efficiently with minimal supervision is essential. Must possess exceptional customer service skills and deal with the public with courtesy and professionalism. Familiarity with current technology is imperative.
19.5 hours including nights and weekends
Physical, Motor and Visual Skills
Driver’s license required. Must be able to operate office equipment and read documents, computer monitor, etc. Ability to communicate effectively orally or in writing is necessary. Duties involve lifting and pushing objects as well as sitting, standing, walking and stooping.
Interested candidates should visit www.spencerma.gov for employment application. Submit application, cover letter and resume to Cheryl Donahue, Richard Sugden Library, 8 Pleasant St, Spencer, MA 01562. Application deadline is July 20, 2018. The Town of Spencer is an equal opportunity employer.