Minutes of the Richard Sugden Library Trustees Meeting
June 5, 2017
In attendance: Cheryl Donahue, Library Director, Deborah Kirk, Children’s Librarian,
Amy Paul, Trustee, Lynn Dobson, Chair
The meeting was called to order at 4:40 pm. The minutes of the May meeting were read and accepted.
Children’s Room Report:
- Staff found the workshop sponsored by the Department of Mental Health very helpful. Questions were answered and referral information was provided.
- CFC provided more programs than expected. This is a federally funded program.
- Fliers will go to the three Spencer school about the summer reading programs. Children’s Room staff will visit the schools.
- Summer programming will be held in the mornings. A Read for Charity (for Habitat for Humanity) will be promoted.
- The herbs and vegetables in the back garden are growing well.
- Cheryl welcomed Amy Paul, our newest Library Trustee.
- Fifty people attended the May 18th program with the monks from St. Joseph’s Abbey.
- Cheryl attended a Director’s Roundtable Discussion in Sturbridge. Denise Farmosa attended a CWMARS meeting in Millbury.
- The new page position has been advertised and applications have arrived. Interviews will start in late June.
- The “Make It at the Library” program series will begin this month with staff member Patricia Mayotte teaching jewelry making. Denise is actively seeking other crafts people for additional programs.
- Cheryl went to a meeting of the Spencer Exchange Club as a way to meet new people and promote the library.
- Patricia has updated the Friends of the Library brochure.
- There was another chemical leak in the library in late May. Cheryl met with Adam Gaudette to discuss the escalating costs of the HVAC system repairs.
- Falcon stopped by to check on the roof. They predict the library will need a new roof in FY 2019-2020.
- Todd Przybycien will be working on the handicapped walkway.
The meeting was adjourned at 6:00 pm. Next meeting will be Monday, July 10th.