Richard Sugden Library Trustees Meeting
March 11, 2019
In attendance: Cheryl A. Donahue, Director, Mary Anne Slack, trustee, Lynn Dobson, chair
The minutes of the February meeting were read and accepted.
Children’s Room Report:
- Katie and Cheryl attended Wire Village School’s Dr. Seuss celebration.
- Community Connections will host a special music and movement program on March 28th.
- Cornerstone Bank has donated $500 for the summer reading program.
- All regular programs continue.
- Cheryl attended a Central Mass Library Advocates meeting in Westminster. The group is organizing professional development opportunities and social events.
- Cheryl and Lynn will attend a budget meeting tomorrow night at the Town Hall.
- A staff meeting for Adult Services staff was held to discuss staff issues.
- Wendy O’Leary’s program “Awakening Joy” will continue through mid-March with 15 participants.
- Mary Baker-Wood presented “Massasoit Memories” on March 7th to an audience of 45. She plans to hold a series of programs in the upcoming months.
- The Community Room has been very cold due to continuing problems with the heating system.
- A survey for the new A/C system is scheduled for next week.
The library trustees moved to approve the sale of the Sugden Block by the Board of Selectmen, as previously authorized by vote of the Town Meeting on Article 18 of the November 1, 2012 Special Town Meeting warrant, on such terms and conditions as the Board of Selectmen determine to be in the best interests if the town and library, provided, however, that the purchase price shall be no less than $50,000. The vote was unanimous.
The meeting was adjourned at 5:25 PM. The next meeting will be on April 8, 2019 at 4:30 PM.