Minutes of the Richard Sugden Library Trustees Meeting
February 11, 2019
In attendance: Cheryl A. Donahue, Director, Mary Anne Slack, Rebekah Salamack, trustees, Lynn Dobson, chair
Minutes of the January 14th meeting were read and accepted.
Children’s Room Report:
- Children’s programming is ongoing with steady attendance. Katie and Amy are leading the Dungeons and Dragons groups three Mondays per month. One Monday a month conflicts with the Spencer Writers’ Group meeting. Amy will hold an arts and crafts program on that week.
- A lip synch contest has been scheduled for Wednesday, February 20th.
- Plans for the summer reading program are being developed. Kick-off and finale performers have been contracted. Requests for funding have been sent to Price Chopper and to Cornerstone Bank. A grant application to the Boston Museum of Science will be submitted in April.
- The budget figures are on track with personnel spending at 46.7%, materials spending at 43.7% and services at 49%
- Cheryl attended a meeting at the town hall to discuss the possibility of holding a street art festival on Main Street in August.
- Wendy O’Leary’s book discussion of “Awakening Joy” begins in mid-March and continues through mid-June.
- Mary Baker-Wood will present “Massasoit Memories” on Thursday, March 7th.
- Katie Smith has completed her six month probationary period with an excellent review.
The meeting was adjourned at 5PM. The next meeting is scheduled for Monday, March 11th at 4:30 PM.