Richard Sugden Library
August 10, 2020
Cheryl A. Donahue, Director
Katie Smith, Children’s Librarian
Mary Anne Slack, Chair
Alyson Russo, Trustee
Lynn Dobson, Trustee
The meeting was called to order at 4:30 PM.
Alyson made a motion to accept the minutes from the July 20, 2020 meeting. Lynn seconded the motion. Vote was unanimous.
Children’s Room Report:
- The virtual programming continues through August.
- There has been positive feedback from the users for the Grab and Go kits.
- Summer programming has been postponed indefinitely.
- Fiona Halloran has helped immensely in the Children’s department with her artistic displays and now is helping in the adult section, too.
- Still working on purchasing a new iPad.
- Narrowed the choice of new furniture to 3 armless chairs and a circular ottoman and possibly purchasing new chairs for the art area.
Denise Famosa, Adult services, provided an update on the revamping of the library’s website. She is working with Anevery to provide a minimalistic yet user-friendly website.
- Cheryl attended dept. head meeting remotely on July 23rd.
- Curbside delivery and phone assistance continues.
- All six staff members are working in the building, wearing masks and socially distancing.
- Library staff has had 2 meetings to discuss library issues.
- Pause meditation program continues to be held remotely.
- Spencer Cable Access filmed a promotional ad for the library on July 29.
- Library staff provided remote programming through Facebook
- Communication with patrons continues through Constant Contact electronic lists.
- MPC changed all the filters and addressed the building’s heating and cooling system to ready the building for the season.
Meeting adjourned at 5:15 PM
Next meeting: Monday, September 21, 2020 at 4:30 PM.