Richard Sugden Library Trustees Meeting
July 10, 2017
In attendance: Cheryl A. Donahue, Director
Deborah Kirk, Children’s Librarian
Mary Anne Slack, trustee
Lynn Dobson, Chair
The meeting was called to order at 4:32 pm. The minutes from the June meeting were read and accepted.
Children’s Librarian’s Report:
- The Children’s Room was short staffed due to vacations. During that time 183 children came to participate in STEAM projects. Enrollment in the summer reading program is higher than last year. The incentive necklaces are popular and families are enthusiastic about raising money for charity.
- The new library page has been working in the Children’s Room and is eager and helpful.
- Cheryl attended an ARIS workshop in Barre. The ARIS report is almost completed.
- Members of the Select Board have been invited to upcoming events at the library.
- The Summer Reading Program, “Build A Better World,” has begun.
- Patricia Mayotte joined the meeting to discuss the Friends Annual Book Sale, to be held in September.
- The Friends of the Library group has reapplied for non-profit status. New Friends brochures have been designed and will be distributed.
- com is a new data base that is available to library card holders. It can be accessed through the library website.
- Staff evaluations have been completed.
- All vacations were used before the end of the fiscal year.
- The lower walkway near the handicapped ramp has been repaired. Work on the slope is still needed.
- MPC completed repairs on the HVAC
The meeting was adjourned at 5:46 pm.